Saturday, December 29, 2007

How Can U B Sad W/Faces Like Those?


So, I've been having a pretty crap couple of weeks lately. A lot of utter bullshit at work, of such an astronomically shit level, it borders on the unbelievable. I mean seriously, television shows have had less drama...

Now, instead of sitting around bitching about it, going on endless tirades and endless stressing, I look into the faces of my newborn twin sons; Liam & Logan and say, "how can you be sad with faces like those staring back at you?"


Liam and Logan Barnes were born on Sept. 12th to Jennifer and I, and even though they don't sleep through the night and they're super-colicky nowadays, I can't help but love them and they keep me from wanting to bitch endlessly and tear people apart.

In addition, my wife went out and bought me Will Smith's Pursuit of Happyness on DVD. I wanted to see this movie in the theaters, but we rarely get a chance to see things first run and I like owning movies anyway. Being a parent already (I have twin 17-year old sons; Alan-Michael and William... yes, 2 sets of twins!), I've always got a soft spot for these types of stories. I also love stories where hard working people overcome adversity. All I can say is don't walk, RUN out and get this movie! It's brilliantly shot,well acted and just a really great story. Plus, it's a San Francisco movie and I NEVER miss a San Francisco movie.

(WTF!?! Is Twitch goin' all mushy???)

Don't worry... The Factor will return to its regularly-scheduled biting insight, come 2008, but for now, I'm just gonna stare into the innocent eyes of my twin sons and enjoy the day.

No comments: